Post:- Casual Driver
Purpose of Post:
To drive Community Transport vehicles for individuals and community groups to enable them to participate fully in a wide variety of activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for carrying out driving /escort duties in compliance with current Blantyre Community Transport (BCT) policies & procedures.
- To work co-operatively with paid staff and other volunteers.
- To be responsible for carrying out vehicle checks before driving and report any problems to BCT.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the required number of seats are in place and secure, and that the necessary wheelchair restraints are available for the planned journey.
- To be responsible for the welfare, safety and comfort of passengers at all times, and to offer assistance where appropriate in accordance with MiDAS training.
- To be responsible for completing booking sheets accurately and returning them to the office along with vehicle keys or to leave them as advised if outside office hours.
- To be responsible for the correct use of safety and security equipment in accordance with the instructions given, and the wearing of safety clothing.
- To undertake appropriate training when necessary, in consultation with the paid staff, eg first aid and to always hold a current MiDAS certificate.
- To be responsible for the cleanliness of the interior of the vehicle you are driving.
- Not to drive any vehicle or use any equipment unless fully trained and confident.
- To supply a copy of your driving license every 12 months on request, and to immediately Advise BCT of any changes or endorsements to your license.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all passengers and yourself wear a seat belt at all times.
- To undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
- To undertake any other duty that may from time to time be reasonably required.
For more information, please call us on 01698 821656 or fill in our online form Contact Us